Saturday, January 16, 2016

Sketch Saturday & Creative Corner

Here's a "bonus card" that resulted from the maiden use of my new Papertrey Ink stamp set:



This will go in one of the girls' lunch bags. It's tiny, like maybe 2.5" x 4".

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday this week-- Sketch #395:


Along with Sketch Saturday, I will enter this into Creative Corner Challenges: Feathers.

Supplies and notes:

  • Again, this was made using my first scrap-card of the new Papertrey Ink Winter Woods stamp set.  I put myself on a craft-shopping moratorium for the month of January (just trying to save my pennies for Disneyland!  I want to be eating about 4 churros, 3 corndogs, 2 starbucks, and a turkey leg a day... gonna cost some bank...)  So anyway, I cheated on my budget plan because I got an emailed notification that this PTI stamp set was back in stock.  Okay, so as a bird-nerd, I've wanted this for months.  I love fantasy birds, but these are actual species with accurate markings.  Ummm, I pretty much need them in my possession.  While we don't have cardinals and blue jays where I live, we do have black-capped chickadees in California, and they are my fave.  (Well, if a birder is reading this, we actually have mountain chickadees where I live, but the black-capped are just down the hill a thousand feet.)  Anyway, love it.  Worth all the guilt I have about purchasing these.  Feel so guiltless, I may also purchase all the dies that go along with it, thanks to Autumn, my die-cutting enabler.
  • Anyway, for this "test", I used ColorBox ink in Glacier Lake and black MementoLuxe.  
  • I sketched the box with a Uniball that was in my reach.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely feathered cas card ;-)
    Thank you for joining in. I hope to see you again to play along with team Jess on february 5th.
    Greetings, Veerle DT - Creative Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete