Friday, May 6, 2016

Pink UFO!

The current Shopping Our Stash challenge caught my attention: I don't believe I've ever heard of a UFO, as in an Un-Finished Object!  


I have been really trying the reduce my stash for a few months now.  Thanks to this challenge, I brought this card out.  It's in the upper-left corner of this picture:
I started to go through my UFO and stash pieces... I stopped looking after my work space was covered...
Supplies and notes:
  • The unfinished card was a 5x7" card on heavy kraft.  The striped stamp is from SU!, and it looks like I edged the scraps of DP with ColorBox chalk ink, probably Blackbird.  The sticker is from the dollar bins at JoAnn's... I think!
  • Fast-forward to this challenge: I cut the card down to a 5x5" and punched the corners with a Fiskars punch
  • The sentiment is from Simply Stamps.  I won it once when I didn't even realize there was a challenge going on-- I just left a comment... karma helped me there!  I love the stamps.  They are very good quality clear stamps.  Anyway, I used MementoLuxe in Tuxedo Black
  • I added Liquid Pearls in Petal Pink... I made little hearts
  • The twine is Darice. I finished my spool of Martha Stewart black and white twine and had to replace it.  I really like the quality of this Darice.  It seems more tightly wound.
I'd like to enter this at the SOS Challenge: Pink UFOs.  This is in honor of one of the former gals from the papercrafting world.  Damned fine tribute.

7 comments:

  1. I love how you continued to make this beautiful card. The pearly hearts and the black and white twine really bring it up to a beautiful card! That is a lovely sentiment too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! I love anything Kraft and your project is a perfect representation of the versatility of Kraft paper. You can use any color and any embellishment without fear of failure. The organization and design are spot on Congratulations on your stash reduction and thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never throw away any left overs so my stash is filled with scraps and I do have some unfinished cards too. I like your design concept of using scraps for banners and these soft colors look pretty on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a splendid UFO! So happy you finished this and used it in a different way. Fantabulous color combo with the Kraft card and pink. Awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colour combination, I don't use Kraft enough. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the (gah) pink - ufo challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that is so beautiful and i love the way you built on what was already there, but made it even BETTER!!! love that supercool bird sticker, as well, cant believe it was a dollar spot score! :) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (UFO!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely use the kraft paper Mimi anddddd me tooo dont have UFO things hihi...your stash ...hmmm lovely yummy papers...I dont buy papers and made it by my self stamped patterns hihi..Mimi ..lovely design of your card...looks feminin...
    For me...with pink always feminin right hunny...I write in subway..dont want to be so behind on giving you some love.. now drive to my new office...its 3 month project...better than no income hihi...hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete